Monday, July 7, 2008

2nd July 2008
Just when everybody thought it's a happy ending, the war has just started. The very next day of my bro-in-law's operation, doctor told my sister that the operation is very successful however his liver had started to harden [Cirrhosis (hardening of the liver)]. He already had hep b but it was under control. Because of the cancer, it erupt the hep b causing his liver to harden. Doctors says there's nothing much they can do, only to give him hep b medication to prolong the liver, as in slow down the speed of hardening. This news hit us like a speeding car. I myself can't stop crying when i got the news. I can't imagine how my sister handle it. Again, I was all alone in school. Panicked. Doesn't know what to do. Kept myself busy with work, it's totally impossible. Called Peter laoshi and told him I have to go to the hospital. The rest of the day, heartbreaking. I stayed in the hospital with my sister until the next morning. Didn't really sleep. I was very worried. My sister was sleeping, she's very tired, tired from all the crying. I couldn't sleep. The nurses are working. Machines in and out of the ward and it scares me. I don't know how many times have I went to check out my bro in law. I just couldn't sleep. My parents came in the middle of the night. I was shocked. They decided not to work cuz they are very worried as well. And part of the reason why I couldn't sleep was because there's an auntie snoring very loudly.....JUST BESIDE ME.... nice one -.-

3rd July 2008
Asked for off. Very tired. Very worried. Very scared. Very agitated. Stayed in hospital the whole day. No appetite but forced myself to eat. Bro in law's condition still the same. But his wounds are healing very fast. That's a very good sign. He's very determine to recover. But he's in so much pain. Half of his stomach is gone. I don't know what else is being cut off. I only know he's in alot of pain *heartbreaking* So many tubes around him. He can't move. :'( My sister and I accompany him to do some exercises. He needs to do this breathing exercise to expand his lungs and breath like normal healthy people. He's very giddy due to the overdose of morphine(pain killer) so he can't count how many times he has actually breathe in and out so my sister and I count for him. He was very tired. So he rest the whole day.

4th July 2008
This whole week we have been in and out of the hospital checking and accompanying my bro in law. My parents give up biz at the stall for the week cause they have no mood to work, too worry for my sister and my bro in law. My other 2 sisters too. Take turns on leave to accompany my big sister. I went back to work today. So many things to do. So many things to follow up. Totally no mood to do anything. Forced myself. Very "xin bu zai yan" *sigh* After work, I went to the hospital.

5th July 2008
My big sister stayed at my place almost the entire week, with my baby niece. Baby niece kept having nightmares. Sister believes is because baby niece frequent the hospital with us, she got scared that's why always nightmares, and her poo poo was green in colour. *sigh* I went to work with no mood at all. Agitated easily, still I pull through the day. Wanted to go over to visit my bro in law after work. But sis and parents came over instead. So went home cuz bro in law says he wants to rest. Tired... I am very tired.

6th July 2008
Work as usual. Tired as usual. Visit my bro in law after work. He has moved to the normal ward. =) Doctor says he can breath normally now and he is off from the morphine(pain killer). He's still in pain, but bareable. All his actions are small and careful, even talking or coughing or sitting up, because it was his stomach muscles, so basically all his movements must be careful. And his internal organs have not fully recover yet, so the pain the still there. He can't eat as his stomach is not working yet. He can have sips of water, but very very very very little cause he still feel the pain. He had his bathe today =) He was very happy. And finally after almost a week, he sees his precious baby gal. He doesn't know about his liver problem yet. He kept asking big sis how's his condition, maybe he suspect somethign is wrong, or maybe he's just worried for himself. *sigh*

I'm really happy, glad, relief............ I don't know what other words to describe my feelings... that he's recovering very fast from the opearation...Although nobody knows how's his liver condition now... but doctors say he's doing very well... things are under control... my sister is really happy.... tml everybody is back to work...

Although we are not blood related...........you are still my brother........ I love you dearly like I love my family.... Don't you dare walk away from me alrite? You have always been there when my family or myself needed help. You gave us laughters all the time. All of us know how much you love my sister and how dearly you dote on her. All of us know how much you hope for a child of your own with my sister. All of us know how hardworking you are as a father, husband, friend, brother. You are always doing for others. Even if so, you only complain or make some noise. You are always so tired, give you 2 minutes, you'll be sound asleep, snoring. I still remember the first day I met you, can't remember where, but I remember we are having lunch with my sister and my brother. I am very sure how much my sister and your precious baby means to you. And I am very sure how much you would want to spend your life with them till you grow white hair and lots of wrinkles. All of us too, wants to see you grow old with white hairs and wrinkles. So... be strong ok? Recover fast !!! We shall go fishing again !!! =)

Kor... I love you *hugs*

No comments: